Enter our Twitter competition to win the prestige of naming our new Halloween pumpkin (and a free packet of seeds). All you have to do is retweet our tweet (https://twitter.com/Tozerseeds) and use the hashtag #TZpumpkin. If you don’t have a Twitter account you can still enter by email email@example.com
Currently referred to as TZ 4171, this pumpkin has been British bred for the larger pumpkin market and will grow to approximately 20-25cm diameter. The variety has exceptional uniformity and high skin and handle quality, making it ideal for Halloween.
The competition will run until 31st October 2016 and the winner will be notified by email or tweet. Entrants must comply with Twitter guidelines
There are also rigorous guidelines for naming and registering vegetables (see below), so it might not be possible to commercialise the name of the winning entry. We reserve the right to change the name if it does not meet the guidelines.
Choose a name that:
- · isn’t already used by a variety of the same species (e.g. Big Rock)
- · can’t be confused with the name of another variety or other goods (e.g. Big Mac)
- · doesn’t cause problems with recognition or production (e.g. Big Green Lady)
- · accurately represents the variety or its characteristics, i.e. the name must not suggest that a variety has particular attributes (e.g. Big Red ….. if it is orange and small)
- · isn’t Pumpkiny McPumkinFace